The meeting will take place at 5pm, just prior to our quarterly VE testing session.
This general membership meeting is being called to elect new executive officers.
Only BEARS member in good standing are eligible to participate in our nominations and elections.
Complete a BEARS membership application online here if you are a current OR prospective member. Alternatively, you request a hard copy membership form that will be sent to you via e-mail, which you can complete and mail to our Club PO Box listed on the form. The Club must have a complete record on each member before they can participate in our annual elections. Only members in good standing registered with the Club by 5pm ET on May 31st, 2018 may participate in the 2018 election process.
Our constitution and bylaws specify that only FULL MEMBERS (active or retired employees of The Walt Disney Company and its subsidiaries, and former Disney employees separated without cause) are eligible to hold executive office, act as a director or repeater trustee or serve as repeater control operators. Committee chairs must also be active or retired TWDC employees, or employees separated without cause. It also goes without saying (we hope) that all executive officers, committee chairs and directors MUST HOLD VALID FCC AMATEUR RADIO LICENSES.
- But committee membership (except for committees established to revise our constitution and bylaws, which are limited to Disney employees or retirees) is open to all members in good standing, and ALL members in good standing, FULL OR ASSOCIATE, can cast votes for prospective officeholders – and for other Club business – in this or any other election.
It is critically important that we have participation from as many ACTIVE employees as can volunteer, as our repeater systems sit on Company-controlled or Company-leased property. Further, a full slate of elected officers is also required to maintain our legal status as a 501c3 charitable organization under IRS and NYS regulations.
- PRESIDENT: Howard Price/KA2QPJ
- VICE-PRESIDENT: Joe Nuzzo/N2BEI
- SECRETARY/TREASURER: Brad Berson/W2ZZZ
VE Co-Chairs: Mike Siegel/W2RT &
- Tech Co-Chairs: Joe Nuzzo/N2BEI
- Coordination Council Liaison: Marv Bronstein/K2VHW
Trustees: Marv Bronstein/K2VHWJerry Cudmore/K2JRCJoe Nuzzo/N2BEI
New York, NY 10023-0016
TO BE CONSIDERED VALID.